Breaking Cycles Inc. is seeking support for the following VOLUNTEER positions:
Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager will administer the organization’s social media marketing and advertising. Administration includes but is not limited to:
- Deliberate planning and goal setting
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Content management
- SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
- Cultivation of leads and donor base
The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion comes through as he/she engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning followers into donors.
Community leadership and participation (both online and offline) are integral to a Social Media Manager’s success. An essential component is communicating the organization’s brand in a positive, authentic way that will attract today’s modern, hyper-connected philanthropers.
-This position requires extensive knowledge of various social media platforms to include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. Responsibilities include posting creative, information-based posts on all social media mediums; eye-catching graphics; creating organizational events and sending invites to donors and followers; and responding to page comments.
The Events Manager will manage and administer all organizational events while working closely with the CEO. Administration includes but is not limited to:
- Manage the fundraising and events team, including any volunteers, to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Research markets to identify opportunities for fundraising.
- Take responsibility for all fundraising activities internally and externally. Follow up on each event from start to finish; ensuring costs are kept to a minimum.
- Identify new and potential supporters and encourage them to organize their own fundraising events to raise funds for Breaking Cycles.
- Work with CEO to coordinate contact for supporters holding events to raise funds. Sustain a relationship with all fundraisers and encourage them to continue supporting through other events.
- Send information/fundraising materials via telephone, post, fax or email when requested by potential supporters or current fundraisers. Follow up on all requests.
- Attend events, as necessary (sometimes outside traditional hours). Arrive prepared and be polite, friendly and professional.
- Prepare mail shots and correspondence using direct mailing to reach a wide range of potential and current donors.
- Thank all donors immediately after donation is received and log all details.
- Primary responsibility of this position is to
Please send submit your applications below, and include at least 2 references related to the position you are applying for: